Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsTwo new vehicles donated to Lethbridge College's automotive programs

Two new vehicles donated to Lethbridge College’s automotive programs

LETHBRIDGE, AB – Students in Lethbridge College’s automotive programs have two new vehicles to learn on thanks to a donation from a local dealership.

Ford of Canada and Dunlop Ford donated a 2020 F-150 and 2020 Expedition on Tuesday.

The vehicles were previously flood damaged, and minor repairs along with a thorough cleaning, were done by Dunlop Ford before making the donation.

“Dunlop Ford is proud to support students as they learn to become certified automotive technicians and foster a win-win relationship between Ford dealers, Ford of Canada and Lethbridge College.”  – Gary Dunlop, President of Dunlop Ford

Dean of the Centre for Trades, Sheldon Anderson, says aligning with industry partners in this way is invaluable as students will get hands-on experience with the most current vehicles and systems.

The college offers Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship training as well as an Automotive Systems certificate program.

Dunlop Ford and Lethbridge College have a long history of working together to support students and academic programs. Dunlop Ford contributed to the Possibilities are Endless campaign, which raised money for the Trades and Technologies and Innovation Facility completed in 2016, through a collaborative gift from the Lethbridge Auto Dealers Association of over $1 million dollars. Service Manager Andy Brayne is a former college employee and has served over 20 years of the college’s Automotive Systems certificate program advisory committee, including many years as the chair. In 2002, Gary and Randy Dunlop created the Doug Dunlop Memorial Award, a permanent endowment for apprentices in either the Automotive Service Technician or Parts Technician programs. And Dunlop Ford co-owner Randy Dunlop has served on the Board of Governors and the Possibilities are Endless Campaign Cabinet and was awarded an honorary degree in 2016.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading