Not properly discarded smoking materials cause of south Lethbridge deck fire
Photo credit to City of Lethbridge
LETHBRIDGE, AB – No injuries following a fire on the city’s south side early Friday afternoon.
Lethbridge fire crews were called out to the 1200 block of Lakemount Blvd South. Firefighters found a back attached second floor deck on fire.
Crews knocked the blaze down quickly, limiting fire and smoke damage to an estimated $15,000.
Investigators have determined the origin of the fire to be accidental. Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services is again reminding residents that when extinguishing smoking materials, ensure it is always disposed of properly, in a non-combustible container filled with sand or water.
A total of three stations responded to the fire with 22 crew.