LETHBRIDGE, AB – Fifteen Lethbridge non-profit groups have been awarded grants for a number of community projects.
City Council last week approved a total of $820,000.
The Community Capital Project Grants allow local not-for-profits to undertake capital projects with funding support of up to one-third of the total project cost.
The Lethbridge Oldtimers Sports Association is receiving the largest grant of $200,000 followed by Lethbridge Family Services at $120,000.
The City’s federal GST rebates and money returned to the city from programs which come in under budget are used to fund the program.
Lethbridge City Council has approved the following 15 qualifying applications for the 2021 Community Capital Project Grant, for a total of $820,183.77:
- Blackfoot Family Lodge Society $45,000
- Campus Roots Community Garden Association $1,293
- Downtown Lethbridge BRZ $8,183.33
- Henderson Stadium Society $51,470.11
- Interfaith Food Bank Society of Lethbridge $60,165
- Lethbridge Family Services $120,666.67
- Lethbridge Fish and Game Association $76,500
- Lethbridge Oldtimers Sports Association $200,000
- Lethbridge Soccer Association $51,695.00
- Lethbridge Softball Association $30,000
- Lethbridge Symphony Association $4,967
- Lethbridge Youth Foundation $82,500
- Opokaa’Sin Early Intervention Society $13,000
- Romulus & Remus Italian Canadian Club $27,743.66
- The Lethbridge Little League Baseball Association $47,000