LETHBRIDGE, AB – Lethbridge City Council is changing the way it approaches things.
Councillors voted unanimously on Tuesday to approve its Gateway to Opportunities 2022 Action Plan.
It aims to clearly articulate priorities, create transparency, and build community trust.
Mayor Blaine Hyggen says this is a great opportunity to show that Council is planning, reporting and engaging differently.
The city notes this action plan also takes into consideration concerns heard during last fall’s election campaign, balancing both immedaite needs and long-term aspirations.
Some of the key work identified for immediate attention in 2022 includes:
- Supporting provincial partners in health care with family physician recruitment and retention
- Establishing an Indigenous Resource Hub
- A review of the cityLINK transit system
- Establishing a Community Wellbeing and Safety Strategy Task Force
- Enabling support and examining opportunities for an emergency shelter
- Establishing a Regional Economic Development and Tourism Strategy