PICTURE BUTTE, AB – An investigation is underway following a fatal house fire a few days ago south of Picture Butte.
Emergency crews were called to a home in Shaughnessy late Sunday afternoon, January 23.
Firefighters went into the home and found one person inside. The man was removed, however officials say he was pronounced dead.
The victim’s name has not been released and the cause of death and cause of the fire are both being looked into.
Picture Butte Emergency Services is reminding everyone that smoke alarms should be tested regularly and batteries should be replaced at least every six months.