â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
- Advertisement -
HomeNewsBuy A Student A Breakfast kicks off at U of L

Buy A Student A Breakfast kicks off at U of L

This Giving Tuesday, the Buy A Student A Breakfast kicked off at the University of Lethbridge.

Every dollar donated will be matched by the University to provide up to 500 breakfasts for a total of 1,000 breakfasts for students. These will be distributed during the first week of final exams in December, with extra funds going towards the Student’s Union Food Bank.

“Exam time is especially stressful for students, and many are facing food security issues. This initiative comes at a really important time,” says Kathleen Massey, ULethbridge vice-provost, students.

“A campaign such as this is a great opportunity for our community and the community at large to show our students through a small gesture that they matter and we’re behind them.”

A study from 2017 discovered that one in four students admitted to running out of food without having the resources to buy more. The Buy A Student A Breakfast (BASAB) program will give community members the opportunity to make a huge impact on a students life for just a minimal investment.

For just one $24 gift, once matched by the University, eight students will get coupons to redeem a breakfast sandwich and coffee or tea at either the university Tim Horton’s or Urban Cafe.

The BASAB campaign started on Tuesday, and will continue until Thursday, December 8th. The coupons will be distributed by Student Affairs through the exam period of December 12 to 16.
The University has been running the BASAB program since 2018 and thousands of students have benefited from it over the years.

To donate to the BASAB, click here.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading