Exhibition Park & Rotary Club ag scholarship award expanding in 2020
Ex Park Marketing Manager, Doug Kryzanowski speaking about the expansion of the ag scholarship award Thursday. Photo credit to Lethbridge Exhibition Park
Lethbridge Exhibition Park and the Rotary Club of Lethbridge East rolling out the second year of their Agricultural Scholarship Award program and it’ll be even bigger than last year.
The two organizations are going to be giving away a total of $20,000 (two $10,000 awards) to two of the top ag students in the region.
Last year, only one $10,000 scholarship was awarded.
Exhibition Park Marketing Manager, Doug Kryzanowski says it was hugely successful event last year and now they want to expand it. “The quality of applicants, where they came from. We had 12 applicants last year and I think we will have many more this time around.”
Wayne Lindwall, who’s part of the Scholarship Committee, says they’re not only looking for scholastic achievement in agriculture, but also applicants with community leadership skills. “What have they done in their community” What have they done in the university environment working with clubs? Fifty per cent of our evaluation is based on their personal leadership skills and what they’ve done in terms of community service. That’s one of our principals at Rotary.”
Online applications will be available November 18th with a deadline of January 24th.
- This scholarship will be presented to a student who has completed at least 3 years of college or university at a recognized institution.
- The student must have demonstrated high academic achievement and leadership qualities in an agriculture related field.The application must include:
- A covering letter which demonstrates their academic achievements, community contributions, leadership abilities and aspirations in an agriculture related field,
- Three letters of reference from their post-secondary institution and community leader(s) confirming the applicant’s volunteer / leadership qualities,
- An overview of their field of study to be supported by the scholarship.
Final selection will be based on a formal interview with a Rotary Scholarship Committee.
- Applications will be available on-line on Monday, November 18 on the Exhibition Park and Rotary Lethbridge East web sites.