â–º Listen Live
â–º Listen Live
- Advertisement -
HomeNewsUniversity of Lethbridge launches student mental health therapy app

University of Lethbridge launches student mental health therapy app

The University of Lethbridge is using a new digital therapy platform to enhance mental health services for students.

It’s called Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) making behavioural health therapy more accessible, efficient and effective.

Through this, university students now have access to an app providing behavioural health tools on the go, in addition to in-person sessions with U of L Counselling and Career Services.

Andrew Gammack, president of the University of Lethbridge Students’ Union, says the platform meets students in their own space, anonymously, and is backed by evidence-based practices.

“Not everyone is in a position to approach counselling. A ULSU core value is accessibility and we wanted to make sure that there were more services on campus to help those who maybe don’t feel quite as comfortable coming forward to counselling services,” says Gammack. “I interact with a lot of students who can identify with these issues. I really appreciate this service and the science behind it.”

The app is available for free to all U of L students by using their university email address to register.

TAO’s technology can be used two ways: therapists at the counselling centre can individually assign TAO to students as a way to supplement in-person sessions, or students can enroll in the program and download the app for a completely self-guided experience outside of the counselling centre.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading