Saturday, May 27, 2023
HomeNewsSmoking cause of south Lethbridge duplex balcony fire

Smoking cause of south Lethbridge duplex balcony fire

Improper disposal of smoking material is the cause of a south side house fire this week.

Lethbridge firefighters were called out Tuesday (June 9) around 2:15 pm after reports of a duplex on fire along the 3800 block of 20th Avenue South.

Crews arrived soon after and put out a fire on a balcony.

Officials says one person was spraying the fire with a garden hose when they got there which helped prevent the spread and major damage.

- Advertisement -

No injuries reported and damage is pegged at $20,000.

The fire department is once again reminding residents to extinguish smoking materials properly in non-combustible containers filled with sand or water.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading