Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsPronghorns Athletics and Big Brothers Big Sisters create historic partnership

Pronghorns Athletics and Big Brothers Big Sisters create historic partnership

Lethbridge, AB – The Pronghorn Athletic Department and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lethbridge and District have announced a new partnership.

“We are extremely excited about the partnership with the Pronghorn Athletics and the University of Lethbridge, which will expand our reach in the community to support children and youth with a positive role model,” said Jen Visser, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Lethbridge, and District Executive Director. “This partnership is monumental as it will expand our reach by the hundreds and is the largest intake of volunteers that we have seen in our history.”

70 Pronghorn student-athletes have gone through the intake process and will be volunteering. That number accounts for nearly half of total Pronghorn student-athletes competing for the University of Lethbridge this year.

“When our student athlete council began discussions of partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters in the fall, it further solidified our student athletes desire to have a positive impact within Lethbridge and southern Alberta,” said Athletics Manager, Spencer Pommells. “It has been two years since they have been able to volunteer in our community and we know they are looking forward to the opportunity.”

“We admire that our student athlete council has prioritized this partnership that benefits our community given the commitments that our student-athletes have both academically and athletically,” he adds.

Once the partnership begins, Pronghorn student-athletes will be involved with the community-based, in-school mentoring and the GameOn! and Go Girls programs.

“Volunteering with BBBS has been an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable experience,” says Pronghorn student-athlete David Awosoga. “The caseworkers and support staff are passionate and dedicated to service, and I have witnessed firsthand the incredible impact of this organization on both the mentor and the mentee.”

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading