West Lethbridge house fire started in kitchen, spread quickly say investigators
Lethbridge Fire and EMS Photo Credit to MyLethbridgeNow.com
LETHBRIDGE, AB – A fire that destroyed a west side home Sunday afternoon has been deemed accidental.
A total of 15 firefighters from three stations responded to the blaze along the 100 block of Trent Road West at about 2:30pm.
Investigators say the fire started on the stove and quickly spread to the dining room and living room.
Wind gusts at 85 km/hr are also said to have had a profound effect on damage done to the home.
Damage is estimated at $300,000.
A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for the family.