- Advertisement -
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Advertisement -

West Lethbridge house fire started in kitchen, spread quickly say investigators

- Advertisement -

LETHBRIDGE, AB – A fire that destroyed a west side home Sunday afternoon has been deemed accidental.

A total of 15 firefighters from three stations responded to the blaze along the 100 block of Trent Road West at about 2:30pm.

Investigators say the fire started on the stove and quickly spread to the dining room and living room.

Wind gusts at 85 km/hr are also said to have had a profound effect on damage done to the home.

- Advertisement -   Article continues below ad

Damage is estimated at $300,000.

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for the family.

- Advertisement -
Tina Karst

A Lethbridge College alumnus, Tina moved back to the community two years after convocation, in September 2007, to become a member of the CJOC News Team. She started as a weekend reporter/anchor and now serves as Associate News Director. When Tina’s not tracking down local news, she’s either busy at home with Jordan and their two kids or creating custom macrame pieces for a growing list of clients.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Lethbridge News

Extreme heat breaks 107 year old record in Lethbridge

LETHBRIDGE, AB - July was one for the weather record books across southern Alberta and the last day of the month was a doozy...

“Left an incredible legacy”: Cor Van Raay passes away at 85

LETHBRIDGE, AB - Southern Alberta's celebrated cattle and grain farmer, entrepreneur and generous philanthropist, Cor Van Raay, has died at the age of 85. An...

Lethbridge College’s Coulee Fest set to return in September

LETHBRIDGE, AB - Lethbridge College's free festival is returning in September after a one-year, COVID-19-related absence. The fourth annual Coulee Fest will once again feature...

Delta-driven COVID-19 resurgence possible in Fall, Dr. Tam

Canada may be heading towards a Delta-driven fourth wave of COVID-19.  Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam gave the latest projections today (Friday), which...

Fire crews quick to control blaze at downtown Lethbridge restaurant

LETHBRIDGE, AB - A fire at Two Guys and a Pizza Place early Friday morning (July 30) is under investigation. Crews from four fire stations...
- Advertisement -