COALDALE, AB – If you live in Coaldale, you’ll be paying a little more on your property taxes this year.
Town Council determined a few months ago that a modest increase was needed into order to balance the 2022 budget.
The tax hike will be 1.72% this year.
Coaldale Mayor Jack Van Rijn says this change in taxes is well below the average increase around comparable Alberta towns. “Council carefully considered all angles in our discussions to maintain our level of services with the funds required to balance the budget,” says Van Rijn.
For homeowners in Coaldale, this tax increase equates to just under $14.00 for every $100,000 of assessed value.
Coaldale’s approved 2022-2024 operating budget will include:
• Records management project
• Fire Master Plan
• Curb stop and alley replacement programs
• Fire hydrant replacement program
• Cottonwood storm pond dredging
• Water reservoir study
• West Coaldale Transportation study
• Main Street supplies
• Inter-Municipal Development Plan
• North Coaldale Industrial ASP
• Library Alcove Renovation