A trial beginning Thursday morning (July 25) in Lethbridge Provincial Court for a 30-year old man charged in connection to an alleged road rage incident.

William Fick pleaded not guilty to aggravated assault and weapon charges back in March.

Christopher Degeorgio, 27, who’s also facing assault with a weapon offences in the same case, took the stand, testifying that he believed he was being followed by Fick after an altercation earlier in the day on Dec. 10, 2018.

Degeorgio says he noticed Fick behind him in a truck when he was stopped a light at the 3 Ave and 12 Street South intersection. He grabbed a snowbrush, got out of his car and smashed a passenger side window as Fick drove by.

Fick then got out of his vehicle and stabbed Degeorgio in the chest.

Degeorgio says he was in hospital for a couple days being treated for the stab wound and a punctured lung.

The trial is expected to last for three days.

UPDATE (8:51 a.m., July 26): What was supposed to last three days only took one after all, as the Crown and defence closed their cases Thursday afternoon (July 26). The Crown has dismissed one weapon possession charge. The judge is expected to give his verdict on Aug. 1.