A dangerous gas leak Monday night forced some Cardston residents to evacuate their homes.
Around 11:37 p.m. on August 28th, an Alberta Emergency Alert was sent out from the Town of Cardston, telling residents of the dangerous gas leak between 4th and 5th Street on 5th Avenue. Residents who lived in the area were told to evacuate immediately. The town also had power turned off in select areas as a precaution while crews worked on containing the leak.
Just before 1:30 a.m., residents were allowed to return home as ATCO Gas reportedly had contained the leak.