LETHBRIDGE, AB – It’ll be close to normal when the Holy Spirit Catholic School Division resumes classes in the fall.
In a memo sent to parents, the district says it’s planning on having a typical start, as much as possible in September.
Holy Spirit has decided to keep a few health protocols in place and throw some other not-too-popular ones by the wayside.
Those staying in place will be things like having all students eating lunch in classrooms and keeping all doors locked to the public.
Protocols being removed include keeping kids in strict cohorts and mandatory masking in grades 4 to 9. Those will likely be gone.
School resumes in the Holy Spirit Division on September 1st.
Protocols (or changes) being removed for Holy Spirit Schools:
- Keep students in strict cohorts. This is subject to the lifting of either the provincial or divisional mandate;
- Require social distancing in canteen lineup;
- Require students to stay in cohorts during recess and break times. This is subject to the lifting of either the provincial or divisional mandate;
- Keeping a closed campus for Jr. High students during lunch. This is subject to the lifting of our divisional order;
- Mandatory masking in our Grades 4 to 9 and elementary music classes. This is subject to the lifting of either the provincial or divisional mandate;
- Rather than students moving from class to class in Jr. High, require teachers to move class to class
Protocols (or changes) being kept in Holt Spirit Schools:
- Teachers will continue to meet and dismiss students from muster points outside of the building.
- Continue to use multiple entrances and exits.
- Keep all outside doors locked.
- Keep the school building closed to the public.
- When needed, parents will be able to volunteer in the classroom;
- Close our mezzanine during lunchtime to Jr. High students;
- Having all students eat in their classrooms;
- Require all Jr. High to go outside for part of the lunch break.