Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsThree Lethbridge County students awarded annual bursary

Three Lethbridge County students awarded annual bursary

Three students in Lethbridge County have been recognized by county council by being awarded a $1,500 bursary.

Abigail Giacchetta, Elayna Vucurevich, and Emma Reurink were announced as the recipients of the County’s annual Post-Secondary Bursary Award at the July 6 council meeting.

They were chosen based on grades, community involvement and a letter stating their goals and aspirations.

A committee reviewed 22 applications before deciding the winners. Councillor Lorne Hickey presented the committee’s recommendation to council and said there were many impressive applications.

“It was a difficult decision, but we feel that these applicants are shining examples of what it means to be a well-rounded student and community member,” Hickey said.

In past years, council awarded $1,000 to two students. It decided to add an additional winner and up the value of the award earlier this year.

“Council extends its sincere thanks to everyone who applied,” said Reeve Tory Campbell. “It is truly inspiring to see the commitment our students have shown, not only to their studies but to the betterment of their community. We wish all applicants much success in their post-secondary journeys.”

The recipients will be presented with their awards at the Aug. 3 council meeting.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading