Listen Live
Listen Live
HomeNewsFor the love of soccer - CCH spearheads collaborative high school tournament

For the love of soccer – CCH spearheads collaborative high school tournament

Catholic Central High School students will have a ball this spring through a collaboration with other Lethbridge high schools and students who share a love of soccer. The teams are also coming together to support the Interfaith Food Bank.  

Chinook High School, Winston Churchill High School, Immanuel Christian School and École la Vérendrye School have teamed up for an intra-school community soccer tournament to be held next month.

“CCH students take great pride in ensuring the community is supported in any way possible – whether it is through volunteering or giving back,” says Mallory Kristjanson, CCH staff coach. “This is a massive opportunity for our soccer community in Lethbridge. I don’t know if we’ve ever had so many high schools coming together for the love of soccer.” 

Lethbridge youth, Kristjanson adds, are the future and the next generation. “We have so many incredible youth coming out. We want our community to come out and support our youth by coming and cheering them on. Come cheer on your favourite high school.” 

- Advertisement -

According to Kristjanson, the tournament will feature every different level of player. “We just want them to feel supported.” 

“CCH is very excited to spearhead this opportunity. We hope we can start a league because soccer is such an incredibly inclusive sport,” says Kristjanson. 

Kristjanson notes some of the high schools taking part in the collaboration have never had a soccer team. “This is our first year bringing them together.” 

Participants, families and spectators at the tournament are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to the Interfaith Food Bank. The tournament runs May 31 to June 1 at CCH West.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading